Thursday 5 May 2011

Debit Card Trials...


I made a conscious decision to leave my bank card at home today. Its become the last resort. An actual drastic measure to curb my addiction and the only sure fire way of not buying a video game on my lunch break. But something strange happened. I went past the place I had decided to spend my lunch money and straight to the game stores. I am an idiot. Was I seriously considering going without food for video games? I hit all the usual spots I can reach on my lunch, Grainger Games, HMV and Game with a fiver in my pocket. In Game I came across a couple of titles that made me regret leaving the card. PS2 copies of Wetrix 2 and Guilty Gear X2. I stood holding the copy of Guilty Gear X2, trying to rationalise it. My first thought was I hate Guilty Gear. I actually don't like any of the series, they are at best a mild destraction for 10 mins. Yet I still have this inclination to buy Arc System Works' games for their artistry, for their attempts at delivering something different to the 2D beat 'em up genre. But why? when am I gonna play it? It's just to adorn my shelf, next to the other Gulity Gear titles I haven't even tried. I reluctantly put it back. But only as I didn't have a means of paying for it. Is this really what its come to? Well perhaps its a step in the right direction, but it felt weird. Who knows? Perhaps this blog is beginning to take an effect on my spending habits.

P.S. On Monday I spanked £50.00 on games on an all day shopping spree. One of them I had forgot I already owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment